The Neighbourhood Plan (2015 - 2030)
The Parish Council in 2017 embarked on the process of developing a ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ for Davenham which was finalised in December 2017.
The Plan reflects the Government’s renewed emphasis on planning at the local level. The Neighbourhood Plan covers Davenham Village and Whatcroft and supersedes the previous ‘Village Plans’.
The Neighbourhood Plan is a new way of helping local communities influence the planning of the area in which they live and work. Our aim is to use it to:
- Develop a shared vision for the ‘neighbourhood’
- Influence where new developments may be built, if applicable;
- Identify and protect our important local green spaces
- Influence the scale and design of new buildings
- Protect and Improve the village infrastructure and built environment
- Consider traffic, transport and parking issues
- Enhance the conservation area and protected trees
The plan conforms with the strategic policies in the ‘Local Plan’ prepared by our local planning authority, Cheshire West and Chester.
A crucial part of the process was to seek to involve and consult the wider village community in developing the Plan; which included:
- Community organisations
- Property and Land owners
The creation of the Neighbourhood Plan was a substantial piece of work. Guidance recommends that the Plan should be revisited and refreshed as necessary every 5 years.
Next Plan Refresh: Due 2022
A full list of documents used to create the plan (including responses) can be found on the Archive page.